So this kid in my FHE group that has been hanging out with my werido roommate found out I am from The Woodlands(its a weird story...) and his first reaction was "OH! You're one of THOSE people..." and by "one of those people" he means a stuck up little brat that gets whatever the heck she wants from her daddy, and lives in a 6000 sq. foot mansion where she has people that clean her house and mow her lawn.
This kid has known me for a semester and two months... he knows I don't act like I am better than anyone else, nor do I dress/own things that would put me "above" everyone else. And he comes in and pegs me as a stuck up snot! I was seriously offended, but at the time I was determined to show him that there are people who live in the woodlands who are like that and act like that, BUT most of us just love the mostly safe community we live in(and the awesome perks that come with living in a master planned mostly rich community)
So he tells me the first time he, would expect me to at least own a more expensive computer... yeah I could IF I hadn't paid for it with my own money and my dad catered to my every whim. I'm sure if I was also a spoiled little BRAT whos daddy gave her everything and more I would own an iphone, an Audi of my choice and I would never wear the same outfit twice... but IM NOT, my parents raised me correctly, and I have worked for pretty much everything I have.
Tonight, he came over and was like "hey woodlands..." and went on to say how "funny it is I'm from the woodlands because he being from 'the other side of the highway' in spring(poor part of town) and that is what everyone automatically thinks of people from the woodlands......." my only response was that "but I'm not like that am I?" he said no... and said "congratulations" and gave me a high five..... UGH
so he and my weirdo roommate left for ice cream for about an hour and 20 minutes, and when they came back he said to me "you're still watching tv... still sitting on the couch with your computer..." in a very condescending way, so I just looked at him and asked "is there anything I can help you with?!?" and he went on to explain to me how much better he is than I by telling me that he can only take so much tv, it took a lot for me to not lash out and really become a woodlands witch.... with a capital B.
I'm still proud to be from the Woodlands, always will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment