Thursday, September 15, 2011

And then there was this...

So, choosing to be a teacher was not the easiest decision I have ever made. But seeing as I like to do as the Lord asks, it didn't take long for me to make it. I wasn't sure, at the beginning, that teaching was for me. In fact it scared the living daylights out of me! But as I trained, and learned, and had loving guidance from Heavenly Father- who showed me in many ways the natural teacher I was... I knew it was my calling. I knew that Satan would do anything to keep me from impacting the lives I was meant to touch and it has been a difficult battle to keep in mind that I am important, and will teach many children who will be the future.

So I accept being a teacher. My first thought, as I got accepted to BYUI was, "all the guys are going to just think I am an ED major b/c I just want to get married, not because I want to teach!" which was completely wrong.

Three years down the road and guys still look at me differently when I tell them my major.. that could also be because no one has heard of my major but those that are in my major... Social Studies Education. Yeah. Finally I meet a GUY who is SINGLE who wants to be a teacher. And the more we talk about things the more we have the exact same answers to things... and the more I want to scream at him that the perfect girl is standing right in front of his face! It is kind of a weird position because over the past few weeks I have been training myself to see him as only a friend, and that has been weird. So I have recently accomplished it, but its really difficult to keep it up when we are talking about family and money, and college majors and how money doesn't matter as long as you are happy... And how I genuinely think that- and boys are just dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment