Its kinda amazing what can happen in just a short 6 months... eh? Lets take a ride down memory lane... Disclaimer: this post will be about student teaching ONLY haha
August: Half of the month was spent in grand ole Texas.... I can't even REMEMBER what happened at home or what I did or who I really even saw.... I know that I was super anxious to go back to Idaho and begin student teaching, I had no idea what to expect or how I would be in a real classroom, being responsible for real grades and learning of kids. Getting back to Idaho and going through a whirlwind orientation to meeting my mentor teacher to starting on my first day. I still felt SO YOUNG on my first day. So unsure of myself and what I was doing. It took a good couple of months before I was really comfortable with what I was doing.
September: It was all I could do to get to this month! Getting to labor day was my #1 goal! It was only 2 weeks after school started, but it seemed to take an eternity! I spent it at home, sleeping in, still getting my room put together! Still getting use to school and worrying about my first eval AHHHHH!
October: FINALLY a few days off! I took a trip down to Utah! It was nice to have some time off to relax and see friends and family... mostly family :) I got back and started my after school job - yeah a job on top of every thing else... believe me I dont know how I did it either! It was nice to have a little money rolling in! Especially since this month I finally had friends and we went out to eat like literally every night... 0_____o
November: Really getting the hang of the classroom! My mentor teacher still has to leave the room when I am teaching so I can actually be the one teaching baha! Kids are seeing me as a teacher and are actually coming to me for stuff instead of my mentor teacher :) AAAWWW YEAH!
December: Basically the last 2 weeks of teaching I was by myself- mentor teacher was a sicky or his kids were a sicky so I was the "sub" which was nice for everyone! I got some good teaching practice in, he got some time off, and the kids still got good lessons because I knew what the crap was going on instead of some random sub who had no idea! This was also when I realized I needed to stay in Idaho, and at my after school job! So like a week before I was supposed to come home, I urgently call home needing to stay in Idaho after break! So we got it all taken care of and I found a new place to live, kept my after school job, and was flying back to TX for 3 weeks!
Looking back, I cannot believe how much I have changed and what all I have learned! Coming back I actually feel like an adult I think.. haha Just thinking about 6 months ago before I started all of this and now... I am such a completely different person.. at the core still the same but really a different person when it comes to how I think about myself, what I know I am capable of and where I need to be going in my life. Student teaching was the craziest, most difficult, intense, worst, and BEST time of my life I can't wait to see what else is in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment